NOTE: This form is for CMAG members who do NOT have a booth in the Spring Show. If you do have a booth, fill out the form at https://cmaguildpdx.wildapricot.org/event-2836375
All CMAG members who do not have a booth at the Spring Show are invited to exhibit up to three pieces of your work in the CMAG Gallery. The entry fee is $50 and the gallery is located in a prime area right at the entrance to the CMAG area. We are also offering to waive the entry fee for early registers who commit to spending at least 4 volunteer hours working in the Gallery or Silent Auction during the Spring Show. (Note: If you sign up to volunteer and fail to complete your hours, the fee will be deducted from your sales. Failure to complete your hours may also affect your ability to participate in the Gallery in the future)
The purpose of the Gallery is threefold:
- To showcase the wide range of our members’ work for the public.
- To allow members who don’t have a booth to display their work.
- To sell your work! (You may have not-for-sale pieces displayed if desired.)
- Friday April 27, 10 am - 7 pm,
- Saturday April 28, 10 am – 6 pm,
- Sunday April 29, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
CONTACT: If you have questions regarding the Gallery, please contact Gallery Coordinator Sharon Smith via e-mail her at email@example.com (preferred) or by phone at 814-450-4636 (text or call)
CMAG GALLERY POLICIES
- All work must confirm to the CMAG show criteria guidelines and will be reviewed by the Steering Committee. (See criteria in the main show application.)
- The Gallery will handle all sales for you. A 20% commission will be taken on any work sold in the Gallery. The commission will be reduced to 15% for those who staff the Gallery for at least three hours during the show.
- While all work will be handled with the utmost care and Gallery volunteers will take strict precautions to safeguard your work during the show, CMAG nor the volunteers assume no liability for theft or damage.
- SUBMIT YOUR INFORMATION PRIOR TO THE DAY OF THE SHOW. Friday morning before the show opens is an extremely busy time for everyone. Submitting your information to the Gallery Coordinator prior to that morning will make things go much more smoothly. This also allows the Gallery to have proper labels for your work.
APPLYING TO THE SHOW
There are several ways to apply for the gallery.
- Submit your application online at https://cmaguildpdx.wildapricot.org/event-2836436 Your acceptance email will have a link for online payments.
- E-mail a copy of your completed form to the Gallery Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org A PDF can be found through the Artist Forms page on the CMAG website.
- Print out a copy of this form and mail it to the Gallery Coordinator at the following address.
Spring Show c/o Sharon Smith
11136 SE 60th Ave
Milwaukie, OR 97222
DROPPING OFF & PICKING UP OF YOUR WORK:
All Gallery pieces must be submitted no later 9:00 am on Friday, April 27st. The first day set-up of the Gallery is our biggest time crunch, so please be prompt, bring your pieces and completed paperwork, and check it in with a Gallery volunteer.
All unsold Gallery pieces must be picked up on Sunday, April 29th by 5:00 pm at the end of the show. Alternative arrangements may be possible if prior arrangements are made with the Gallery Coordinator. You may have someone else pick up your work for you but you must designate who on your form.
WHAT YOU MUST BRING TO US:
- Your piece of metalwork in good condition. Sculptures need to be stable and safe.
- Price tag or label attached with RETAIL price, your name, and pertinent information about materials.
- Enclosed contract completely filled out and signed, if not previously submitted.
- Box, fabric bag or some point-of-sale container that the piece can be put in when it is sold.
- Your business cards and information about yourself and your work, such as your artist’s statement. The Gallery will provide name signs and display props (alert us to special situations).
WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PIECE EACH NIGHT?
The Gallery will be staffed during show hours, and all work will be removed each night. Gallery exhibitors are responsible for collecting their work each night after the show closes and for returning it again the next morning before the start of the show.
Return your piece to the Gallery each morning when you arrive and check it in before the show opens. Please be prompt as we have many pieces to set up in a short period of time.
You may arrange to have another show participant pick up or deliver your work. Please ensure that you have provided the Gallery staff with that individuals name on your Gallery Contract form.
Deadline for entry: Wednesday, April 20, 2018